At The Lodge Dental Practice all our staff are GDC registered, this means we as dental professionals will adhere to standards set out by the General Dental Council. They are as follows:
- Put Patient interests first.
- Communicate effectively with patients.
- Obtain valid consent.
- Maintain and protect patients’ information.
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure.
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interests.
- Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills.
- Raise concerns if patients are at risk.
- Make sure your personal behaviour maintains patients’ confidence in you and the dental profession.
Standards for the Dental Team applies to:
Dentists- Dr Tim Earl GDC 67587 Dental Nurses – Miss Nicole Winter GDC 166398 and Miss Rebecca Farrant GDC 238144
Dental Hygienists/Therapists– Mrs Eva Brookes 227584 Dental Technicians Clinical Dental Technicians The principles are all equally important and are not listed in order of priority. They are supplemented by additional guidance documents which can be found on the GDC website at www.gdc-uk.org.